Arena for Linux
Arena 1.0 for Linux is available since 2016-11-12
arenalinux_64bit_1.0.tar.gz (27 MB): Arena 64 Bit Linux, recommended for almost all modern computers
arenalinux_32bit_1.0.tar.gz (22 MB): Arena 32 Bit Linux, for old computers
arenalinux_arm_1.0.tar.gz (16 MB): Arena for ARM Linux, for Raspberry Pi or other computers with an ARM CPU.
Just unpack the archive to a folder of you choice.
- First public release of the Linux version
- Differences to the Windows version
- Better integration into your Linux desktop than the Wine version
- Can run all engines types: Linux, and Windows (if Wine installed)
- Completely UTF-8
- Uses Ordo for rating calculation
- no Citrine, Autoplayer, ICS or printing yet
- Sounds via external command line player (mpg123, music123 or music321) possible
- AICE 0.99.2
- Alfil 12 MT
- Gaviota v1.0
- Hermann 2.7.1
- K2 v.087
- Spike 1.2 Turin
- Stockfish 8
Note: The ARM version has only K2 bundled.
Other included files:
Book Perfect_2010 by Sedat Canbas, mini book Titus 2.4 (by Kevin Frayer), mini book Olympiad, PGN database from Olivier DEVILLE, Ordo, EloStat 1.3 (Wine required), Gaviota 3-men tablebases, flags, fonts, graphics, help files